Arts and crafts have rewards beyond simple enjoyment, such as increasing self-esteem, improving cognitive function, and even alleviating symptoms of major medical diseases. DIY art classes with your family may inspire you to work on your next project as a family and also help you decompress and uplift your spirits.
When you engage in any artistic project, especially with your loved ones, you feel a joyful sensation. Have you ever questioned the value of art and craft in strengthening family ties, especially for raising children?
Hear It From The Expert
It is simple to build that bridge to bridge the generation gap. Resin Artist Madhavi Adalja told HT Lifestyle, “Children and young people can express their creativity through art, which is beneficial for them throughout their lives.”
Participating in artistic endeavors encourages self-expression, which allows people to communicate and manage their emotions. It also promotes children’s mental development by allowing them to experiment with new concepts, thinking methods, and problem-solving techniques.”
Unleashing Your Inner Artist
Sanjana Bhansali, Founder of The Aesthete Project, encouraged everyone to bring creativity to their doorstep and unleash their inner aesthete by revealing five simple steps to engage your family members and create something unique:
1. Make sure you have plenty of craft supplies on hand, including everything from the apron to the easel.
2. Select simple projects in which everyone can participate without feeling intimidated. Provide step-by-step reference images that can be customized to meet the needs of your family.
3. You must create a casual, crafty tablescape. A clean and uncluttered workspace inspires creativity in everyone.
4. Serve refreshments to all attendees because art and drinks go hand in hand. To sip on while painting your masterpiece, choose non-alcoholic premixes.
5. Don’t forget to take pictures and enjoy yourself! Share your creations with others and save them as keepsakes.
DIY Art Project Ideas
We feel better, solve problems better, and are more open to new ideas when we create art. When a family works together on a DIY art project, it improves the living environment and creates a happy atmosphere. A family can collaborate on a variety of projects, create works of art, and be proud to show them off to visitors.
She provided the following options:
1. Create your own hand-painted wallpaper.
2. Create a customized mirror.
3. Stencil and paint your used furniture.
4. Make your own map wall art by attaching images of your family’s travels to the map to identify locations.
5. Make your own vertical plant wall or succulent terrarium, and hand-paint the pots as you go.
6. Make wall art with acrylic paint pouring and have fun with the colors.
7. Constructing resin trays and coasters
There you have it! Use these tips and tricks because whether you’re entertaining toddlers or grandparents, these activities are appropriate for all. Just let your imagination run wild.